Friday 4 January 2013

RESOLUTION TIME.

There used to be this terrible Subway commercial on the air. An embarrassing kinda rap song about eating subs (I think?) with a big proclamation of "it's resolution time!!!" The memory is hazy, but I still think about it every single year. Way to go, Subway.


What's up, 2013! I'm going to be so organized this year. I'm going to try to use this weekly notebook for more than the two weeks I usually use a planner before I abandon it forever to live inside my head. So far I have written such important to-do details as: Movies w/ Shayna, Angel Haze @ The Annex Wreckroom, Party w/ Caitlyn, and Meeting w/ Danielle. Done, done, done, and done! This year is off to a great start.


My resolutions this year are pretty simple. 

1: Draw More. Anything! Just drawing for fun. Drawing Garfield if I want to! Illustrating a narrative romp through the most mundane moments of my life! Drawing dogs! While I tend to do my best work under tight focused deadlines, I'd like to take more time to practice too. Less deliberation and more illustration? Yeah, something like that.

2: Drink More Water. I think I mostly drink coffee and beer. More coffee than beer though, don't worry. Sometimes cola. And then after that, water. I bet feeling chronically sluggish has a little something to do with my total lack of water consumption. Science! So I vow to embrace you, boring glasses of refreshing water. A cucumber slice will not trick me into finding you exciting, but I will learn to love you.


Progress Report: Resolution 1 is underway, as seen above with this page of scales. Go snakes! Unpictured: plenty of lines and shapes for new pattern ideas. Resolution 2 is being thought about quite a bit, but not really put into practice. Thankfully, there's still time. 361 more days.

I wrote a more detailed, more serious blog post full of 2012 feelings over on the Falconwright blog. 2012 was really a great year! A total stand out among the 31 years I've spent living. Probably the most memorable year of my life.

I've got some optimistic plans to spend a bit more time with my old buddy Deadweight this year too. Maybe I will finally realize the print series of my dreams featuring the headless horseman in his everyday life? I just said it out loud so now I have to do it. That's how it works, right? YES!

3 comments:

Mallory said...

If you don't end up doing that print series I'm going to be severely disappointed.

Sébastian Hell said...

Lemon also works to make water more enjoyable for rookies, before moving onto stand-alone glasses!

DEADWEIGHT said...

Mallory: Pressure - I like it!

Sebastian: "before moving onto stand-alone glasses" - haha!