Thursday 31 March 2011

THE WAIT IS OVER.



The 2011 baseball season starts today, with the Blue Jays playing their first game tomorrow. For Dennis and I (and our baseball loving pals) that's very good news! The wait is over. Yes, that umbrella is indeed a ridiculously large Jays hat. And yes, I love emotionally manipulative, totally over the top sports commercials that feature all of my favourite men.

Nothing signals the start of spring quite like the beginning of baseball season (though the cold, grey conditions I see outside right now are doing nothing to back that statement up!). I eagerly anticipate trips to the dome, Sportsnet monopolising our TV, and the soothing sound of Jerry Howarth on the radio (hello friends).

6 comments:

Scaves said...

I am excited.
Let's go Blue Jays!

shayna said...

you guys are the most adorable fans
i've ever laid my eyes upon.

sweetie pie press said...

would it be presumptuous, annoying or illegal for me to encourage some fan art?

DEADWEIGHT said...

Becky: Some sullen, unimpressed looking baseball dudes might surface in the future, ha.

kitten roar said...

yay yay for baseball season. chicago takes it super seriously, especially with our two opposing teams. but it makes train rides more interesting with all of the drunken and crazy fans riding after the game : )

DEADWEIGHT said...

kitten roar: I bet! I definitely want to add Chicago to my small list of baseball road trips (New York, Cleveland, and Pittsburgh so far). One day!