Thursday 18 November 2010

A YEAR'S SUPPLY....

Tomorrow we release our record, A Year's Supply of Rabbit's Feet. So you know I'm going to get a little sentimental about it here. This record took us quite some time to make, and I'm really happy with how it turned out in the end. My bandmates/pals and I took our sweet time, trying to make an improvement while still maintaining some of our roughness. We experimented a little bit by adding some piano, a little violin, and a few expertly played dollar store windtubes (ha). And we were able to accomplish a long time goal of ours by pressing it to vinyl. Anyone that's been in a band before can appreciate how much patience is required for long term projects, but at the same time how fun and rewarding it can be to work with others towards a common goal. And at the risk of sounding like a total sap (who cares!) I really enjoy making music with these guys (and taking breaks from making music to drink beers, play darts, sit on picnic tables, eat pizzas, light fireworks, etc).

A couple reviews: here and here (thank you).

3 comments:

Candice said...

cue the cheese:

you probably won't remember this, but I will always remember being freshly 19 and losing my shit because THE GUEST BEDROOM for some reason showed up to hot monogamy's first show and afterwards told us we were cool!! when our set was done i went into the alley beside the bagel and called my mom to let her know how it went, totally gushing about how my favourite band in the city actually thought we were GOOD! my lamest/proudest moment of life. how could i ever have known i'd end up years later with tim as my guy and with you as a lovely lady friend? i'm happier for you guys than you know! CONGRATS!!!!

DEADWEIGHT said...

Awww, thanks - you are the sweetest! I love a good sentimental walk down memory lane. And I totally remember that show, obviously.

Jason Hudson Dot Com said...

OMG, that's the greatest comment.