Tuesday 5 October 2010

CABIN #6.

This past weekend was ladies weekend. We drove up to Lake On The Mountain in Prince Edward County - a small grouping of cabins where they also brew their own beer! Crisp fall air and coffee on the lake = the best. I made some rustic looking graham crackers for smores (my obsession with recipes from Smitten Kitchen is apparently never ending). As you can see from the look in her eyes, Whitney was a master of marshmallow manipulation. Besides enjoying the gorgeous scenery, we watched a movie at the local theatre (The Town), bought vegetables from a farm using the honour system (amazing), locked ourselves out of our cabin (to be expected), played an exciting game of Personal Preferences (do you prefer kiwis or injections?), and bought copious amounts of baked goods for the ride home. Though I do love Toronto, I constantly fantasize about moving to a cottage or to the country (a practice I'm sure is common to all city dwellers at one time or another). I think it's safe to say that we've got a new tradition on our hands.

No comments: