Thursday 24 November 2011

TAKE ME BACK.

My very favourite moment of 2011 (so far) was hanging out on a rock with my pals while camping, watching the sun set, beer in hand, fantasizing about how amazing it would be to see something like this every night. No, I don't really get out of the city very often, ha.


I decided to try my hand at some cmyk screen printing to recreate this moment. I made this one specifically for those friends (hi Rob/Tim/Lee - surprise?!!) but I will have a few extra copies at upcoming holiday fairs for any other sappy sunset-on-the-water lovers in the house. I'm sure any trained pro in this type of printing would see a bunch of flaws (I was totally flying by the seat of my pants here!), but I really enjoy the way it looks. And though it's outside of my usual style, I definitely look forward to more photo printing experiments in the future.

6 comments:

shayna said...

sandi! it is GORGEOUS! you did good. real good.

Danielle said...

You never cease to amaze- this is awesome :)

DEADWEIGHT said...

Shayna, Tim, & Danielle: Thanks you guys!

Rival Boys said...

YES! Camping 2012!!

L

Anonymous said...

this time i'll bring my own bear.

DEADWEIGHT said...

Lee: YES PLEASE. CAN'T WAIT.