Monday 11 July 2011

FRIDAY NIGHT SIGHTS.

I've kind of been kind of missing in action on the design and printing front lately - been busy the past couple of weeks soaking up the summer, doing some music stuff, and generally avoiding excessive extra curricular computer use. But there are some things going on behind the scenes - reprints, general scheming, and maybe a collab with a friend? In the meantime here's a more extensive peek into where I've been spending Friday nights lately...

We recently moved into a new practice space on tha East side. Dennis' band practices here too. Highlights include (but are not limited to): the crazy doll lamp, the old Babydolls sign, The Notorious B.I.G., the yarn installation from a past show, the woodsy mural, the guy that rides through the halls on his homemade electric bike, and the old school piano. I don't think we'll end every practice with a trip to McDonalds, but sometimes you just need to have a heavy dose of sugar and salt, ya know?!

3 comments:

charlotte farmer said...

hello

nice photos - they're just a little bit spooky. LIstened to some of your music recently-ish, been meaning to say hello and mention how much I enjoyed it for a while.
I've been neglecting my blog recently too - it's hard printing in the summer, screen print venues generally tend to be windowless ones.

lottie x

anabela / fieldguided said...

I kind of want that Baby Dolls sign. Um. It's amazing!

DEADWEIGHT said...

Charlotte: Thanks, lady! So glad you enjoyed. And really, who wants to be on the computer/squeegee wrangling in the summer when they can be outside, having beers, eating BBQ, etc. Glad I'm not the only one finding it hard to focus, ha.

Anabela: Right?!! I remember going into Baby Dolls back in the day, when someone was trying to promote shows/nights there (how "cool"). Needless to say, I never went back. The sign though, is incredible!